On-line newsletters

Paul L. Rinaldo prinaldo@mindspring.com
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 10:09:43 -0500

Dear Mait, Gang:

History up to recently has been the production of papers that have the same
agreed words in all copies but mean different things to each reader. (This
is the only way that international treaties are made.) Now, in the computer
era, it is possible to have people agree on the meaning but are able to
leave a meeting with different versions of the documents saying different
things. This is especially handy in satisfying your constituency when you
get back home and have to explain to them what you agreed to.

I thank Maitland for bringing his message to the dear, dear multi-lingual,
multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary international society we call AMRAD.

73, Paul, W4RI