March Speaker

Paul L. Rinaldo prinaldo@mindspring.com
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 11:51:02 -0500

Richard B. Engelman, N4COP, has graciously accepted our invitation to be
the featured speaker at 1930 on Thursday, March 12 at the Dolley Madison
Branch Library, McLean, VA. His topic will be "IMT-2000, a Technology Garden."

Rick is Chief, Planning & Negotiations Division, International Bureau, FCC.
He has just completed his work as convener of US Task Group 8/1 (IMT-2000,
formerly Future Public Land Mobile Telecommunications Systems) and turned
it over to a colleague. In this position, he has been responsible for the
US inputs to the technologies and standards that have been adopted by TG
8/1 and has been first-hand witness to inputs of other industrialized
countries.

Rick is not new to AMRAD. He addressed our august body a couple of years
ago. What's more, he obviously has enough selective amnesia to agree to
return.

Please pass the word and turn out the masses. I'll also send this
information to Auto-Call to appear in the AMRAD column of the March issue.

Unfortunately, I'll not be able to attend, as I'll be in Geneva. So please
show Rick a good welcome and invite him to refuel at the local pizza emporium.

73, Paul, W4RI