Next Newsletter

Randy Mays randy@pobox.com
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 16:58:48 -0800

--------------A4F74DECDB1AE9615505B494

Hello?  This message is directed to AMRAD members who were at Winterfest
today.

    I'm sorry to have missed Winterfest and Maitland's weather display.
I was sidelined this morning by an annoying illness, but I'm getting
better and the doctor said I could go back to writing as long as I used
Microsoft products and didn't try to type more than 45 words per
minute.  I'm using Netscape Communicator to write this, but I've placed
a square of masking tape over the Netscape "N" and written "e" in blue
on the masking tape.  And I feel pretty good so far.

    That's all I can say about this because an HMO is involved, and I'm
limited to one paragraph.  My point here is that we need to get going on
the next newsletter, both the printed version and the on-line version.
Even though in theory these are identical words and pictures, the
printed version is always more of a challenge.

    There has been a lot of discourse on the tacos mailing list, which
in retrospect I should have kept, about the 137 MHz or kHz or whatever
VLF experiments.  Has anyone kept all of this on their computer?  If so,
please consider merging the text into a LARGE file that you could send
to me for some editing.  I think we have the makings of a decent
newsletter article which would consist of us sharing a lot of the tacos
mailing list discussions on this topic.

    There are other activities going on right now, including Maitland's
weather modification machine, and some DSP work, and it is essential
that someone write at least a short article about each of these
activities.  This is an AMRAD tradition.  No, this is an essential AMRAD
tradition, which is different from watching that video about the B-29
once a year.

    I'm already at work on the on-line version of the newsletter, which
will wind up being www.amrad.org/V1N2.html very soon.  We need more
material.  Dayton will be here sooner than we realize.  There needs to
be a pre-Dayton article.  OK, I'll do that one, but we also need DSP,
VLF, and weather modification articles, and we need them within the next
week or so.

Randy

P.S.  In case you're interested, there was a note from the ARRL that
said the FCC's amateur licensing computer FAILED on or about February
10th.  At this point I have $100 plus postage tied up in a futile
attempt to get a vanity callsign and the !@#$%^&* FCC computer fails...

[...]

P.S.  In case you're interested, there was a note from the ARRL that said the FCC's amateur licensing computer FAILED on or about February 10th.  At this point I have $100 plus postage tied up in a futile attempt to get a vanity callsign and the !@#$%^&* FCC computer fails... --------------A4F74DECDB1AE9615505B494--