SB480 Update (fwd)

David V. Rogers dvrogers@seas.gwu.edu
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 06:42:31 -0500 (EST)

--------------CE35668E7605B6A1496923A4

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 19:34:25 -0500
From: Frank Mackey <mackeyf@erols.com>
To: Glenn Bilger <GBilger@juno.com>, Al Cammarata <w3awu@juno.com>,
    John Forrest <jforrest@erols.com>, Dan Gropper <EAGLE241@aol.com>,
    Dick Harmon <rharman@tmn.com>, Mike <nasfred@1bigred.com>,
    Demi Pulas <demitrios_pulas@ferc.gov>, PVRC Reflector <pvrc@pagesz.net>,
    Dave Rogers <DVROGERS@seas.gwu.edu>,
    Dick Rucker <rrucker@macconnect.com>,
    Sam Ruffin <sruffin@citizen.infi.net>,
    "Joseph P. Salemi" <joseph_p._salemi@hud.gov>,
    Bill Schmitt <WmASchmitt@aol.com>,
    William and Charlene Conaway <conaways@erols.com>
Subject: SB480 Update

Greetings All:      (Be sure to read addendum update at the end)

It's 10:56 AM Tuesday morning 24 Feb 98.  SB-480 previously assigned to
the House Committee on Counties, Cities, and Towns
is NOW assigned to Sub-Committee-3.  That committee is chaired by
Delegate Jackie Stump.  Members are Delegates Allen
Dudley, Hull, Spruill, & Bryant.  This subcommittee meets at sometimes
weird times (7:30 am some mornings) and will hear the
information we have to present.  We did this at the request of Delegate
Allen Dudley who is assisting us in moving this matter
through the House.  If any of these sub-committee members are from YOUR
DISTRICT, please contact them ASAP and voice
your support for SB-480.  If we can overwhelmingly convince the
sub-committee and receive unanimous approval then we have a
far better chance in the committee.  Once we clear that hurdle, it's on
to the House floor for a vote.  WE MUST CONVINCE
the sub-committee to support our efforts.

I am awaiting a phone call from Richmond indicating WHEN and WHERE
Sub-Committee 3 will meet to hear the information on
the bill.  The minute I have it, I will e-mail everyone I have on the
list and call the key people are serving to disseminate this
information.  That means this:  Be on standby to go to Richmond if you
possibly can to show a massive support for this bill.  Only a
few will speak, but NUMBERS ARE IMPORTANT!!!  We must create a
PRESENCE!!!!  It is likely sometime between
right now and this Friday.  Please watch for your e-mails and make plans
to attend to visualize your support.  I apologize in
advance, but notice of this meetig will likely be very short.....maybe
just a matter of hours.  I will give all of you as
much notice as I can possibly get, but if you plan to attend make those
plans NOW.

Keep phone calls, e-mails, and letters moving as quickly as possible.
Once this Bill hits sub-committee and is heard, it will go back
to committee.  >From that point forward, the pace will become hectic.
If we've done our homework and made those calls, sent
those e-mails, and licked those stamps, we just might get this bill
through the legislature and achieve a massive victory for
Amateur Radio in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Thanks to everyone who has come forward and lent support, assistance,
financial aide, and moral support.  We wouldn't
be this far without the extreme cooperation we've had to date.  Thank
you all until I can thank you in person!!!

Best Regards,

Bob - KK4IY

PLEASE FORWARD TO EVERYONE ON YOUR AMATEUR RADIO LISTS

Addendum Update:

Just as I was moving toward the "send" button, the phone rang.  Senator
Edwards' office has advised me the sub-committee
meeting is 8:30 AM Monday, April 2, 1998 in GAB 5-West!!!  Now we know.
As of this moment, this is the
hearing before the committee wherein we will present our information and
do our very best to sell these members on passage of
SB-480.  If you can be there, it will certainly be appreciated by all
members of the Amateur Radio Community in the
Commonwealth of Virginia!!!  Tnx

Commonwealth of Virginia!!!  Tnx --------------CE35668E7605B6A1496923A4--