LF: Easter weekend LF activity

Andre Kesteloot akestelo@bellatlantic.net
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 07:06:36 -0400

Peter Dodd wrote:

> [...] I had sent some e-mails to some contacts in the USA about listening
> for slow morse transmissions on 136kHz using FFT computer displays. I
> felt that if the signals could be copied aurally over 1870km then a
> trans-Atlantic might be possible using narrow band techniques.
> However the e-mail responses were muted or negative.

Hi, Peter,
There are probably more members of AMRAD in the Washington DC region equipped
with Motorola 56002 DSP boards and LF receiving capabilities than anywhere
else on the U.S. East Coast, yet we had never heard of your sked   :-)
Next time you  run such experiments, how about letting us know in advance?
You can either e-mail me <akestelo@bellatlantic.net> or directly to the AMRAD
core group <tacos@amrad.org> and announce your sked.
73
André Kesteloot N4ICK