Information about AO-27

Mark Kanawati mark@spacequest.com
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 10:20:31 -0400

Hello all
I still have vivid memory of the long days while designing, acquiring
parts, building, testing, launching, and commanding Oscar 27.
Therefore I will devote one or two hours today to brainstorm and type some
of those memories, so that Andre, Dave, Glenn, Matt, Randy, Sandy, Terry,
and all AO-27 participants can put their Mark on this article.

Randy will get to edit/polish it all before sending it out.

AMRAD and all those who participated deserve the best international
recognition for what they accomplished.  After all the multi-million
dollars French Spots 3 surveillance spacecraft we launched with on the same
rocket hand failed on orbit and AMRAD AO-27 still going strong nearing its
fifth birthday this September.

I look forward to your input.
There is many pictures available that Sandy, Paul, Chris Butcher(Matt
Brother) and I among others took at the time.

73
Mark