LF Experimentation

Bob Bruhns bbruhns@erols.com
Tue, 12 May 1998 06:55:08 -0400

Apologies for late and incomplete response.  I am having trouble
determining the elevation; the topo map I got turns out to be
useless.  Here is what I have so far.

  Robert Bruhns, WA3WDR
  714-1D Tamarack Way
  Herndon, VA 21070-4458

1. Elevation of ground at antenna site above mean sea level
   in meters:
       (As yet unable to determine height above mean sea level.)

2. Distance to nearest aircraft landing area in kilometers:
       3.6 KM to Dulles Airport

3. List of any natural formations or existing man-made
   structures (hills, trees, water tanks, towers, etc.)
   which, in the option of the application, would tend to
   shield the antenna from aircraft and thereby minimize the
   aeronautical hazard of the antennas.

       A ridge about 1KM to the east.
       (As yet unable to determine height above mean sea level.)

4. Latitude and longitude of the operating locations in
   DD-MM-SS:

       N 38-58-11,  W 77-22-08  (NAD1927 datum)
       Determined by GPS using short-term position averaging.