[Fwd: The pig]

David V. Rogers dvrogers@bellatlantic.net
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 09:15:10 -0400

--------------8326BD6530B00E3715E881FB

Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 07:16:56 -0400
From: "Nicholas J. Hirsch" <njhirsch@crosslink.net>
To: Allen Miller <allen.miller@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>,
        Bill Baldwin <bbaldwin@leaconet.com>,
        Darrel Webb <comhelp@bealenet.com>,
        Dave Rogers <dvrogers@bellatlantic.net>,
        Ed Carter <ecarter@ota.state.ok.us>,
        "Hirsch, Jacqueline T." <Hirsch_JT@vdot.state.va.us>,
        Judy Sparks <jhsparks01@aol.com>,
        James Remington <jaremington@earthlink.net>,
        Wayne Osentoski <ozzy-o@worldnet.att.net>,
        STEVEN ROPER <sroper@sasquatch.com>
Subject: The pig

  A salesman is lost in a rural area and stops at a farm to get
directions. As he is talking to the farmer he notices a pig with a
wooden
leg. "How did the pig get a wooden leg?", he asks the farmer.
   "Well", says the farmer, "that is a very special pig.  One night not
too long ago we had a fire start in the barn.  Well, sir, that pig
set up a great squealing that woke everyone, and by the time we got
there
he had herded all the other animals out of the barn and saved everyone
of
them." "And that was when he hurt his leg?" asked the salesman.

   "Oh no" says the farmer.  "He was fine after that.  Though a while
later I was in the woods out back and a bear attacked me.  Well, sir,
that
pig was near by and he came running and set on that bear and chased him
off.  Saved me for sure." "So the bear injured his leg then." says the
salesman.  "Oh no.  He came away without a scratch from that.

   Though a few days later my tractor turned over in a ditch and I was
knocked unconscious. Well, that pig dove into the ditch and pulled me
out
before I drown." "So he hurt his leg then?" asks the salesman.  "Oh no,"

says the farmer. "So how did he get the wooden leg?" the salesman asks.

   "Well", the farmer tells him, "A pig like that, you don't want to eat

all at once."

--------------8326BD6530B00E3715E881FB--