[Fwd: LF: HB9ASB Reception of G3WSC]

André Kesteloot akestelo@bellatlantic.net
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 09:07:38 -0400

--------------64D143E6777B1E969E8F8A91

http://www.btinternet.com/~raheesom/carc/index.htm

Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 15:37:54 -0400
From: DEREK ATTER <DATTER@compuserve.com>
Subject: LF: HB9ASB Reception of G3WSC
To: "INTERNET:rsgb_lf_group@blacksheep.org" <rsgb_lf_group@blacksheep.org>
Sender: owner-rsgb_lf_group@blacksheep.org

Hello Toni, (HB9ASB)

Many thanks for trying so hard to make a QSO yesterday, Sunday 16 August
with G3WSC the Crawley Club station on 136.1Khz operated by myself and
Lech, G3KAU.  It was very frustrating because each time we called CQ, we
could hear a station calling underneath the Loran QRM and we could actual=
ly
resolve our own callsign wih great difficulty occasionally,  but we just
could not read you despite having a reasonably good receiver (FT990) with=
250Hz BW IF filter and audio DSP processing down to around 100Hz or less =
at
times trying various combinations of bandwidth to see if we could resolve=

the callsign.    We suspected  that it was you calling of course and that=

was confirmed later by John, G4GVC and by  your report via Internet. =

The Loran pulse sideband noise was very strong yesterday from 05-3 UTC
onwards until around 12-00 UTC and reached S6 to S7 on the S-meter (10 to=

15 microvolts!! ).  you would have been quite easily readable I am sure i=
it not been for the Loran QRM.

The morning was not entirely wasted because we had several good QSOs
including one with Gaspard, ON4ZK  at 07-28 UTC which we believe to be th=
first ON/G 2-way QSO using aural CW on 136Khz.