Fun with sound cards (and graphics cards)

Maitland Bottoms aa4hs@amrad.org
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:25:43 -0400 (EDT)

What I was trying to remember last night was CTHUGHA.

 "An Oscilloscope On Acid" http://www.afn.org/~cthugha/

This program will exercise your soundcard, CPU, and monitor quite
well. It does all the high-powered DSP techniques, automatic periodic
signal detection and extraction, FFTs, and who knows what else. The
program also exercises your graphics display card.

I first installed it on a laptop and had fun playing audio CDs as the
music source. It was awesome.

Terry - I'd suggest the Emerson, Lake and Palmer would be good input
data for cthugha.

(Now I wonder how many tacos-types will tune in, turn on, and drop out
after running this program...)

-Maitland
(Who plans to upgrade his version of cthugha tonight.)