[Fwd: Electronic RAINBOW Kits of Indianapolis...caveat emptor]

David V. Rogers dvrogers@bellatlantic.net
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 08:47:58 -0400

--------------FEA4E37AFD5053E37C5EC451

From: W3HMS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 20:46:36 EDT
To: W3HMS@aol.com, riese-k3djc@JUNO.COM, FLOWEW3MMV@aol.com, w3sst@JUNO.COM,
        dvrogers@bellatlantic.net, joeptv@pa.net, wa3usg@compuserve.com,
        atna@c3187rfj.ssr.hp.com, mvonlanthen@vtx.ch, KC3AM@aol.com,
        wb0cmc@probe.net, n5mbm@stevens.com, pemble@ix.netcom.com,
        CQCLOWDOWN@aol.com, AE4IC@nr.infi.net, BobWicks@aol.com,
        Alphacomp@compuserve.com, KT3A@JUNO.COM, AA3BP@aol.com,
        WBoose@PostOffice.PTD.net, RAJulian@vm.hacc.edu,
        ccraigie@email.msn.com, 72777.3042@compuserve.com,
        rgob@tco.infonet.com, gooch@juniata.edu, chas@digizen.net,
        KB3BHC@aol.com, LRYOST@aol.com, eri@indy.tds.net
Cc: eri@iquest.net
Subject: Electronic RAINBOW Kits of Indianapolis...caveat emptor

Product advisory for hams.....Buyer Beware.

Info to all.......I wanted to advise especially microwavers that their Radar
Signal Detector kit 990-0071 does not work for 10 GHZ detection. They
advertise "The Kit will respond only to modulated signals".  I tested it with
a 265 milliwatt output 10 GHZ rig fully modulated at about 2 inches with no
indication!!!

When I called the company to ask if it responds to AM or FM signals they did
not know. When I asked the range of the unit in detection of police radars,
they did not know. When I asked the sensitivity of the unit, they did not
know. When I sent them an EMAIL to ask questions about the product, they did
not respond.

When I asked for a refund of the kit price, they refused.

I don't know the quality of their other kits....nor do I intend to find out in
the first person, HI!
!
Caveat Emptor.

Please feel free to pass this to other radio amateurs who may benefit from it.

John
W3HMS

17 Sep 98

--------------FEA4E37AFD5053E37C5EC451--