Direct Broadcast TV -- Need Help

David V. Rogers dvrogers@bellatlantic.net
Thu, 05 Nov 1998 07:52:57 -0500

I am doing a term paper on the direct-broadcast (DBS - DTH)
satellite industry from the aspect of innovation in the
technology and in the market.  As usual, I am behind the power
curve and have a very short deadline to complete the research and
paper.  I have been having trouble finding suitable reference
material on the subject.  One suggestion of checking each
corporation's web page produced some useful information (Form
10-K for one company; the others are not listed) and some general
information on the industry.
Can anyone loan/suggest material that I might not have thought
of?  Research at GWU Library hasn't produced much other than
short news articles that are not very useful.  I am particularly
interested in the business alliances that any of the participants
may have form to get the project off the gound (no pun intended),
as well as technological breakthroughs that enabled the new
industry (difference between C-Band technology and Ku-Band).
Thanks for any suggestions, ideas, sources.
73 de Dave (K9RKH)