Hamview 2.10

Alberto Di Bene adibene@it.ibm.com
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 10:21:40 +0000

Bob Bruhns wrote:

>No virus problem with the new Hamview (2.10) here. I have Win98, with
>Bios checking for sensitive disk writes. Also running Norton
>SystemWorks 1.0 anti-virus. Norton declared the zip file clean.
>Unzipped, then ran Hamview twice, then scanned for viruses with Norton,
>none found. Seems OK.
>
>  The only problem I have is exiting from Hamview; I have to
>   control-alt-delete and end the task. No problems from that either...
>
>  Bob, WA3WDR

Thanks Bob for your testing. I had also a few friends dowloading and testing
the
copy of Hamview 2.10 present on the Web site, and no anomalies were found.
So we can safely state that Hamview is *NOT* infected by any kind of virus.

About the problem when exiting, maybe it shows up only with Win98. I haven't
switched yet, still running 95. If you have native DOS, could you please check
whether  under DOS the program exits normally or not ? Thanks.

73,

Alberto di Bene,  I2PHD
Home page:  http://www.qsl.net/i2phd