Even More Beacons

Andre' Kesteloot akestelo@bellatlantic.net
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 23:21:02 -0500

Hello AMRADers,

Further DX  on LF   :-)

Further to my earlier tests in the Dolley Madison Library, tonight, I
decided to try my antenna  _in my own backyard_ ... (considereing all
the lights, dimmers, etc)

By raising my remotely-tunable antenna up about 15 ft between two trees,
I was able to hear at 22:50h tonight on a portable Radio Shack BC
receiver:

198kHz    DIW Dixon NC
212kHz    ESN  Easton MD
216 Khz   CLB Wilmington NC  (very strong)
222kHz    DA Ft. Belvoir VA  (fairly weak)
227kHz    GDX    Goodwill Lake VA

Conclusions: for reception purposes, (as previously established by Bill
Bowers in his LowFers article), a remotely-tunable antenna is more that
OK

73
Andre'