[Fwd: Longwave broadcast stations]

TK Wood tkwood@pressroom.com
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 00:14:15 -0500

153 = 500kw Donebach  (who?)
162 = 2000kw Allouis  France-Inter
171 = 2000kw Nador, Morocco  (RadioMediterranee Int'l)
252 = Unknown

252 could be Atlantic 252 from Ireland which runs at 500kw but throttles
down to 100kw at critical times.  This is a pop-rock station.
They have a website.  The other possibility is Algeria at 1500kw from
Bechar.

The Morocco station broadcasts in French so that's a good catch there.

Congrats..

Tracy Wood  K7UO
(Frequencies courtesy of the '98 World Radio TV Handbook.)