TJ High School

Andre' Kesteloot akestelo@bellatlantic.net
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 09:35:35 -0500

Frank Gentges wrote:

> As I have mentioned to several AMRAD members I have been talking to the
> staff at Thomas Jefferson High School about our becoming involved with
> them.  They are very much interested.

Frank is to be congratulated for his efforts. I would suggest that we also get
other members to help along here, particularly Milton KR4FR who is our Education
Referent (see back page of newsletter)

> Obviously a first order of business is license classes.

I am not sure that we want to start necessarily with licenses. What the outcome
should be , IMHO, is that get kids interested in radio. How about first hooking
them into making things work, like simple superregeneration receivers?  (I
happen to have a very simple circuit that works like a charm)Once they are
hooked, then we can talk about transmitting, for which a license is indeed
required

We should also definitely suggest that they come to Tacos and the Library
meetings

> I need ideas suggetions and help with the 20 Jan presentation.  We need
> to present amateur radio as a technology hobby that complements the
> current high interest in computers.  We will be just back from our LF
> outing to Nags Head.  We need pictures and perhaps video tape.

yes, Rosalie White at ARRL Hqs has that kind of stuff

By all means, let us pursue this
73
Andre'