Thomas Jefferson

Frank Gentges gentges@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 04:15:19 +0000 (GMT)

I looked at some material that Paul had at the ARRL office on some
Educational Workshops conducted by ARRL.  One article described balloon
borne packages to include ham transmitters, receivers, weather sensors
and TV cameras as a school project to interest the students in all sorts
of technology and amateur radio.

I was impressed and think it might be a good option for our students at
Thomas Jefferson.  I am thinking of something simple like a single channel
repeater, GPS reporting and not much else for a first try.  Launch would
occur prior to the end of the school year.  It would require some help
with others from AMRAD and perhaps elsewhere to make a go of it.  Does the
group like the basic idea and would you be willing to support the effort?

Frank