Status #1

Frank Gentges gentges@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 16:17:25 +0000 (GMT)

1. In spite of the ice storm, most of us did arrive at Nags Head and did
set up our equipment by Friday afternoon
2. all times in Zulu:  we did hear on Saturday at 0355 Algeria on 153 kHz
"R2"; at 0435 Europe1 on 183 "R3" which became "R4" (very intelligible)
by 0635; also hear radio Morocco on 171kHz;and we believe we heard
Iceland on 198 at 0652 (R1 only).
3. the above were received  with fairly heavy static crashes, which are
expected to disappear today
4. hence please transmit at per schedule: we will be listening and
"looking"  for you on our video displays
73
Andre' N4ICK