LF: LF band plan]

Andre' Kesteloot akestelo@bellatlantic.net
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 10:18:59 -0500

An interesting idea, IMHO
Andre'
***************************
Toni Baertschi wrote:

> >From  HB9ASB, JN36pt
> Since it is difficult to check the whole band for weak Slow CW with the
> Spectrogram I would appreciate a sort of band plan. It's much easier to
> observe -
> let's say two bands of 100 Hz.
> 73 de Toni

***************************
Peter Bobek replied,

I remember that we discussed the matter during the RSGB HF Convention
at
Old Windsor in October 1998... There was, however, no general
recommendation so far.
But letīs call it "REP" (= recommended practice) to have this window
between 137.6 - 137.8 kHz. Most of us have already adopted this REP.
Unfortunately the socalled "Luxembourg Effect" very often gives us
some headache when the carrier on 138.830 kHz (DBF39) takes over
modulation from other radio stations in the MF- (or maybe even LF-)
range....

73, Peter / DJ8WL