Annapolis thoughts (fwd)

Bob Bruninga bruninga@nadn.navy.mil
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 00:52:19 -0500 (EST)

There are football fields on the other side of the river with easy access.
And then you can have HT comms between sites...

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Frank Gentges wrote:

> Sandy,
> You are right.  Ralph Burhans mentions how an LF tuner he describes in
> his article can be used to tune something like an HF antenna in the near
> field of an active efield probe and enhance the efiled probe reception.
> No doubt the reverse can also happen and degrade the results.  We need to
> look for a suitable site for the "small" antennas.
>
> Frank
>
> On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Elton & Nancy Sanders wrote:
>
> >  Frank, I thing that to get good readings compairing our smaller antennas to
> > the big guys they will need to be set up well away from the large ones (
> > mile or more?)
> >
> >  Bob, That is what I was trying to say in the other message. There may be a
> > problem disconnecting the tower lights at night so we may have to forgo the
> > 800 ft ant.
> >                                 Sandy

APRSdos REPLY/COMMENT:

Reply mail addr:   wb4apr@amsat.org
US mail address:   115 old Farm Ct, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
See DAYTON97 HISTORY:    http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/dayton.html
See Maryland APRS LIVE:  http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html
See GPS on ANY radio:    http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/mic-e.html