Annapolis thoughts (fwd)

Frank Gentges gentges@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 05:56:39 +0000 (GMT)

Bob,
My experience is that sky wave is very much a function of daylight/dark.
Just before sunrise I have heard things I would otherwise not hear.  It
seems that as long as the TX and RX are in darkness some skywave can be
expected.  Unlike HF, the groundwave at LF travels much further and makes
the skywave less dominant on typical CONUS paths.  But on paths over
hundreds of miles the skywave shows minute to minute variation unlike the
ground wave.

Frank