Annapolis REMOTE CONTROL LF!

Frank Gentges gentges@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 17:00:23 +0000 (GMT)

Bob, I like the idea of a Low Frequency AMRAD repeater.  First, we need to
leagalize it.  Under lowfer part 15 rules we can't use large antennas.
Second, we need permission for at least some sort of mid-term use of an
antenna for several years.  Do you sense we might get permission for this?  I
don't know how this would fit into AMRAD's request for operating authority
and when we might get that.

For longer term use we need an operating concept and a utilization concept
that might convince Navy people it is worth letting us use the facility and
it is worth Navy (or some other entity like FEMA) maintaining the towers.
Not easy to come up with right now, We need to think creatively about this.
Ideas anyone?

Frank