Annapolis

Frank Gentges gentges@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:32:18 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
Just an idea, seeking comments.

For armed forces day 1999 sometime this spring, AMRAD set up at Annapolis a
136 kHz transmitter and work hams crossband for special commemorative LF
QSLs.  Navy would provide operating authority for us to operate on this
frequency under the call NSS.

This would bring attention to the need for hams to develop LF expertise for
future Navy needs and help demonstrate to the FCC the level of interest in
the new LF amateur bands. Could we get a transmitter up by then?  I could
call some old friends in the Pentagon to see if this idea would fly.
Might help get Navy proactive or at least non-negative on our allocation
request.

Frank