An AMRAD "Newbie"

Randy Mays randy@pobox.com
Sat, 06 Mar 1999 23:11:36 -0500

Don,

	Thanks for your note.  I am sending a copy to "tacos@amrad.org" so
that other members can read it.  Maitland, AA4HS, should be able to
add your mailing address to "tacos" so you can see what's being
discussed.  Today we received a license from the FCC for experiments
on 136.75 kHz and there will be some tests on LF next weekend.

	If you can write an article for the AMRAD newsletter which expands on
what you mention in your note, I know the other members would enjoy
reading it.

	In addition to ham applications on HF, there are still a lot of ships
sailing around the world using HF, but with older SITOR or CLOVER
technology.  A market exists for a low cost, high throughput HF modem.

	My callbook address is in Nashville, Tennessee, but I live in
Warrenton, Virginia so I'm a "local" member of AMRAD.

73, Randy
W6RAM