[RX320] Using the RX-320 for PSK31 digital mode (fwd)

Frank Gentges gentges@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Sun, 9 May 1999 23:48:06 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

This portends potential use on narrowband signals at LF.

Frank K0BRA

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 23:25:08 GMT
From: Marketing Data Research <mktg@ix.netcom.com>
To: RX320@onelist.com
Subject: [RX320] Using the RX-320 for PSK31 digital mode

From: mktg@ix.netcom.com (Marketing Data Research)

Hi Everyone,

The May 1999 issue of QST had an interesting article about
the PSK31 digital mode being used by hams.

I downloaded the software, and the RX-320 turns out to be
a very good receiver for that mode - especially when you
use fine tuning of 1 Hz.  I was able to receive a number
of signals around 14.070 Mhz that were almost totally
buried in the noise.

In any event, the software is fun to play with and it is
free at http://www.aintel.bi.ehu.es/psk31.html

73,

David

P.S.  To the ear PSK31 sounds like a tone that is slightly warbling
very fast.  It is very distinctive from CW, RTTY or various
packet modes.

ONElist:  the best source for group communications.
http://www.onelist.com
Join today!