forwarded message from Lee Lumpkin

Frank Gentges gentges@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 01:51:57 +0000 (GMT)

Maitland, could you forward to Lee Lumpkin.

Lee,

I was advised that covenents against antennas can be enforced.  Homeowners
associations in Great Falls take a dim view of large towering antenna
structures.  It became the rule that developers in our area included
restrictive covenents as an enticement to new home buyers to insure no ugly
things could be put up by neighbors.  Enforcement can be tricky.  New home
builders have been known to wave the coventent provision if a sale hangs on
it, but be sure to get it in writing.

More practically, shop for a home in an older area not part of a
development built by one builder.  When individuals build houses on
single private lots they usually don't get involved with covenents.  A
good real estate sales person should be able to steer you away from
developments and towards these individualy built homes.  Be forewarned,
houses like this may not be cheap in this area.

When you get out here come visit our club.

Frank Gentges K0BRA