LF: Noise blankers, etc

Frank Gentges gentges@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 21:29:54 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Properly done a wideband LF front end blanker can be synced with the
power line to gate out a short interval that coincides with a dimmer
pulse.  There was some good stuff in the Lowdown many years ago that
looked promising.  I have put a high gain preamp on my scope, watched the
antenna signal and used line sync.  These pesky pulses were very narrow
with the wide bandwidth and could have been gated out nicely.  With
multiple dimmers at various settings the problem gets much harder.

There is some discussion on this on the LWCA web page.

Frank K0BRA