Scout jamboree

Frank Gentges gentges@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 12:43:42 +0000 (GMT)

Bob,

Its Called "Jamboree On The Air" or JOTA.  Hams set up operation with
scouts in attendance and let them talk to each other.  I think there is
some counting of contacts etc. with scoring but objective is to introduce
scouts to amateur radio rather than running up big scores.  I did a JOTA
setup about 10 years ago.  I think there is an article in past few months
in QST.

Frank K0BRA