[Fwd: The PC Death Ray]

David Rogers dvrogers@mgfairfax.rr.com
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 11:34:10 -0400

Reminds me of the days just before I got into amateur radio when we
used Model A sparks coils, a battery, and short piece of wire to
generate random noise throughout the HF spectrum; it tended to take out
the ham station down the street that was getting into everyone's hifi.
Also during the 1950s and 1960s, a number of telephone exchanges were
so targeted to test their survivability in the event of an EMP.  Their
electronic components tended to fail within the next six months after
receiving a pulse.