VOA on SSB Again : Communications World

TK Wood tkwood@pressroom.com
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 18:26:56 -0500

AMRADistas:

Here's a chance to hear those low power TMC SSB transmitters at Greenville. The special broadcasts are the half-hour version of Kim's show.  In the past he has featured articles I have forwarded to him from the Tacos list.  He's also mentioned our LF tests on his show.

Let him know how it sounds...

Tracy Wood
K7UO/4

From: Kim Elliott <ke@VOA.GOV>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 06:01:41 -0500 (EST)

I am pleased to announce two new shortwave transmissions of the half-hour edition of Communications World.  These transmissions will be via single sideband (SSB) feeder transmitters at Greenville, North Carolina, beamed to Europe.

The schedule is:

Saturday	0700-0730 UTC	6873 kHz

Sunday		1400-1430 UTC	18275 kHz

Each transmission will be on both upper sideband (USB) and lower sideband (LSB), but with no carrier.

If all goes well, these transmissions will begin this weekend, November
27/28.

Reception reports would be appreciated.

Regards,

Kim