Yupee !

Andre' Kesteloot akestelo@bellatlantic.net
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 20:15:03 -0500

hello Mitch,
My cheap atlas tells me that you are about 320 miles, or 512 kilometers, from
Front-Royal, Virginia where WA2XTF/12 is located.  We run about 175 watts into a
1600 ft long wire hung about 20 ft over the ground, and terminated into the
ground at both ends. (I am sending you separately the details of the
installation)
Kudos, you are, I believe, our farthest DX so far
If you were to use a DSP program such as Hamview, you could read us into the
noise even.
Congratulations on your set-up. As we move intro the winter, the average noise
level should drop and remain good for the next three of four months. Keep in
touch.
If you are interested in what we do in LF you can join  <lf@amrad.org> (it is
free of charge !)
73