Other things...

prinaldo@mindspring.com prinaldo@mindspring.com
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 06:25:01 -0400

Kenneth,

Good to hear from you. AMRAD didn't apply for a 5 MHz Part 5 license but ARRL did. I'll see if I can find a copy of the Part 5 application and mail it to you.

ARRL has announced it is going to ask the FCC for a domestic allocation but has not yet sent the petition... that should come later in July.

AMRAD was the applicant for the 136-kHz Part 5 license on behalf of 12 people in the Northern Virginia area.

We're not just a Web site but have a bi-monthly newsletter, been around since the 1970s, and are always into something.

73, Paul Rinaldo, W4RI
AMRAD President

Kenneth Gordon <keng@moscow.com> wrote:

Hello:

I was advised of your group by Paul Signorelli, W0RW, and have visited
your web site. There is a LOT here!

I am the un-official spokesman for a group of hams who are interested in
doing some experimentation in the old Marine Radio Band between 415 and
515 Khz.

As you know, Paul is operating a beacon on 480 Khz under Part 5 rules. A
lot of us would like to join him.

I have received the FCC form 442 and other supporting documentation, but
need some examples to more properly sort out what our proposal should
be.

I understand that AMRAD was part of the effort to gain FCC approval for
Part 5 experimentation in the 5 Mhz segment.

I would greatly appreciate it if you or someone in your organization
could mail me a copy of the proposal you used for the 5 Mhz application.

We would give sightations if needed.

My address is:

Kenneth G. Gordon W7EKB
226 N. Washington St.