Thoughts re: The Internet

Bill Blum billblum@ameritech.net
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:28:48 -0400

At 02:07 PM 10/11/2001 -0400, Bob Bruhns wrote:
>I should have known; it
>was fifth-hand by the time I got it, and from a university net at
>that.  Oh well, live and learn.
>
>   Bob, WA3WDR

At this time, I'd like to dredge up a quote from Gene Spafford, a
professor/computer security guru at Purdue University...

"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea--massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it."

Replace Usenet with Internet, and it's quite appropriate, given the amount
of pure drivel circulating the net.....

Changing the subject briefly----
They're offering PHYS321 Signal Processing next semester... should I take it???

It's the same professor I have right now for Electromagnetics (Professor
Dan Fleisch of 'Electromagnetics' 5th edition, Kraus/Fleisch).   I'm just
trying to assemble a preliminary schedule before registering for classes in
two weeks.

---
Bill Blum N9VLS
billblum@ameritech.net