Re 802.11 Cards

Alex Fraser beatnic@home.com
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 01:23:00 -0400

Hey Larry

    The bulk buys available on EBAY don't seem to give you a large break in
price. Orinoco 802.11b PCMCIA silver cards are going for $50 on EBAY. They have
an external antenna connector. I would like a cheaper source for the
proprietary connector. The made up pigtails, which go to "N" are going for $30.
Bi-directional amps are also available and seem to hover around $200-$300. Sure
would like to find a kit for those.