Overtaking Shannon's theory?

Andre Kesteloot andre.kesteloot@ieee.org
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:57:18 -0500

ZEOSYNC'S MATHEMATICAL BREAKTHROUGH OVERCOMES LIMITATIONS OF DATA
COMPRESSION THEORY

International Team of Scientists Have Discovered
How to Reduce the Expression of Practically Random Information Sequences

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - January 7, 2002 - ZeoSync Corp., a Florida-based

scientific research company, today announced that it has succeeded in
reducing the expression of practically random information sequences.
Although currently demonstrating its technology on very small bit
strings,
ZeoSync expects to overcome the existing temporal restraints of its
technology and optimize its algorithms to lead to significant changes in

how data is stored and transmitted.

Existing compression technologies are currently dependent upon the
mapping
and encoding of redundantly occurring mathematical structures, which are

limited in application to single or several pass reduction. ZeoSync's
approach to the encoding of practically random sequences is expected to
evolve into the reduction of already reduced information across many
reduction iterations, producing a previously unattainable reduction
capability. ZeoSync intentionally randomizes naturally occurring
patterns
to form entropy-like random sequences through its patent pending
technology known as Zero Space TunerT. Once randomized, ZeoSync's
BinaryAcceleratorT encodes these singular-bit-variance strings within
complex combinatorial series to result in massively reduced BitPerfectT
equivalents. The combined TunerAcceleratorT is expected to be
commercially
available during 2003.

According to Peter St. George, founder and CEO of ZeoSync and lead
developer of the technology: "What we've developed is a new plateau in
communications theory. Through the manipulation of binary information
and
translation to complex multidimensional mathematical entities, we are
expecting to produce the enormous capacity of analogue signaling, with
the
benefit of the noise free integrity of digital communications. We
perceive
this advancement as a significant breakthrough to the historical
limitations of digital communications as it was originally detailed by
Dr.
Claude Shannon in his treatise on Information Theory." [C.E. Shannon. A
Mathematical Theory of Communication. Bell System Technical Journal,
27:379-423, 623-656, 1948]

"There are potentially fantastic ramifications of this new approach in
both communications and storage," St. George continued. "By
significantly
reducing the size of data strings, we can envision products that will
reduce the cost of communications and, more importantly, improve the
quality of life for people around the world regardless of where they
live."

Current technologies that enable the compression of data for
transmission
and storage are generally limited to compression ratios of ten-to-one.
ZeoSync's Zero Space TunerT and BinaryAcceleratorT solutions, once fully

developed, will offer compression ratios that are anticipated to
approach
the hundreds-to-one range.

Many types of digital communications channels and computing systems
could
benefit from this discovery. The technology could enable the
telecommunications industry to massively reduce huge amounts of
information for delivery over limited bandwidth channels while
preserving
perfect quality of information.

ZeoSync has developed the TunerAcceleratorT in conjunction with some
traditional state-of-the-art compression methodologies. This work
includes
the advancement of Fractals, Wavelets, DCT, FFT, Subband Coding, and
Acoustic Compression that utilizes synthetic instruments. These are
methods that are derived from classical physics and statistical
mechanics
and quantum theory, and at the highest level, this mathematical
breakthrough has enabled two classical scientific methods to be
improved,
Huffman Compression and Arithmetic Compression, both industry standards
for the past fifty years.

All of these traditional methods are being enhanced by ZeoSync through
collaboration with top experts from Harvard University, MIT, University
of
California at Berkley, Stanford University, University of Florida,
University of Michigan, Florida Atlantic University, Warsaw Polytechnic,

Moscow State University and Nankin and Peking Universities in China,
Johannes Kepler University in Lintz Austria, and the University of
Arkansas, among others.

Dr. Piotr Blass, chief technology advisor at ZeoSync, said "Our recent
accomplishment is so significant that highly randomized information
sequences, which were once considered non-reducible by the scientific
community, are now massively reducible using advanced single-bit-
variance
encoding and supporting technologies."

"The technologies that are being developed at ZeoSync are anticipated to

ultimately provide a means to perform multi-pass data encoding and
compression on practically random data sets with applicability to nearly

every industry," said Jim Slemp, president of Radical Systems, Inc. "The

evaluation of the complex algorithms is currently being performed with
small practically random data sets due to the analysis times on standard

computers. Based on our internally validated test results of these
components, we have demonstrated a single-point-variance when encoding
random data into a smaller data set. The ability to encode
single-point-variance data is expected to yield multi-pass capable
systems
after temporal issues are addressed."

"We would like to invite additional members of the scientific community
join us in our efforts to revolutionize digital technology," said St.
George. "There is a lot of exciting work to be done."

About ZeoSync

Headquartered in West Palm Beach, Florida, ZeoSync is a scientific
research company dedicated to advancements in communications theory and
application. Additional information can be found on the company's Web
site
at www.ZeoSync.com or can be obtained from the company at +1 (561)
640-8464.