AMRAD LF Upconverter, LO

Larry Kayser kayser@sympatico.ca
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:46:53 -0500

>Frank:

>The HC04 circuit provides a nice square wave output.

Yes, a nice square wave, but the optimum 50/50 duty cycle is only a
maybe.  I have an HC04 plugged together here and I can get from about 50/50
to 80/20 with different crystals.

What please is the effect of waveforms other than 50/50 please?

 >The TOYOCOM might work but it may not.  You will have to do a side by
side test with the correct >waveform to assess the impact.

How would you go about assess the impact please?

Observation, in my little collection of plug in oscillator modules here,
(from 386SX mother boards, some 486 boards, and some MODEM's) I have only
two that provide a square wave output, the rest have a triangular waveform.

Larry
VA3LK