lf in the west

Frank Gentges KØBRA fgentges@mindspring.com
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 17:06:18 -0500

Jeff,

We are glad to see your interest in LF.  We have lots going on here and our
LF converter design was published in the April issue of QST.  I happen to
think it works pretty well.  Tim Brannon's design is also good.  Our
article describes the differences between several LF converters including
Tim's.

Try the converter with the AMRAD active antenna for some real
performance.  You might want to borrow a good ham HF receiver after you get
the active antenna and converter working together and see how much you
might gain over your Sony receiver.  I suspect you might find an improvement.

Frank  K0BRA