[IEEE-NoVA] DSN 2002 Registration and Advance Program (fwd)

prinaldo@mindspring.com prinaldo@mindspring.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 06:25:17 -0400

Gang, FYI. Paul, W4RI

-------- Forwarded message --------
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 00:05:33 +0000
From: prinaldo@mindspring.com
To: ieee-nova@topica.com
Subject: [IEEE-NoVA] DSN 2002 Registration and Advance Program

                            DSN 2002
   2002 International Conference of Dependable Systems and Networks
                Hyatt Regency, Bethesda, MD
                       23-26 June 2002

Dear Colleagues,

     On behalf of the DSN 2002 organizing committee, it is my pleasure
to invite you to the 2002 International Conference on Dependable Systems
and Networks.

   Advance program, registration and accommodation information are now
available at  www.dsn.org. The early registration deadline is May 24,
2002. Plan now to attend the premiere conference on dependable systems
and networks, in the capital region of USA, filled with museums,
monuments and many more historic attractions.

    This year's keynote speaker is the Honorable Richard Russell,
Associate Director (Designate), White House Office of Science and
Technology Policy (OSTP).

   Computer systems and communications networks now pervade every aspect
of our daily lives. While that has benefited society and increased our
productivity, it has also made our lives more critically dependent on
their correct functioning. The traditional concerns of the dependability
community (e.g., inadvertent faults, errors, and failures) have now been
enlarged by the massive connectivity provided by the Internet to include
malicious exploitation of imperfect systems and networks and intentional
cyber-attacks on them. How can we build systems that are not vulnerable
to such threats - systems that users can depend upon in defense,
transportation, financial, and e-commerce sectors? After 9-11, these
questions have taken on even added importance.

   We have put together an excellent technical program for researchers,
practitioners, and users to learn and exchange information on the latest
research results and operational systems experiences in dependable
systems and networks. There are multiple tracks that include Dependable
Computing and Communications, the International Performance and
Dependability Symposium, as well as several Workshops and Tutorials, a
Student Forum, and late-breaking research. There will also be an
excellent social setting to network and mingle, including a reception,
lunches, frequent breaks, and a dinner/cruise on the Potomac.

  I look forward to seeing you at the conference.

Sincerely,

Dr. Jaynarayan H. Lala
General Chair
2002 International Conf. on Dependable Systems & Networks (DSN2002)
Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency / Information Technology
Office 3701 N. Fairfax Dr. Arlington, VA 22203-1714
Phone: (703) 696-7441
Fax: (703) 696-2201
e.mail: jlala@darpa.mil

---
If you would like to unsubscribe from this list, simply send a blank e-mail
to ieee-nova-unsubscribe@topica.com.

This email was sent to: prinaldo@arrl.org