AMRAD Meeting, 11July, 2002

Frank Gentges KØBRA fgentges@mindspring.com
Sun, 07 Jul 2002 21:38:25 -0400

AMRADers,

Our worst fears have been realized.

The featured speaker for the July meeting, who has remained anonymous for
obvious reasons, was overcome with such fright at the prospect of speaking
to our august group and said he "regretfully sends his regretful
regrets".  He was to speak on his "redundantly redundant coding scheme" and
his failed efforts to find a workable decoding scheme.  George and I tried
to change his mind but without success.

Instead, we will be meeting at my new company facility in Cascades.  The
meeting will be preceded with a cookout in our parking lot.

The grill will be set on fire about 6:00 PM with grilling beginning shortly
afterwards.  I will bring some hamburgers, hot dogs and appropriate buns.

I will also have a cooler with lots of ice, Coke, Diet Coke and you can add
your own choice of drinks to it.

Bring salads, chips, deserts, ad nauseam to help round out the meal.

Unlike the library, we do not have to close up at any particular time.  We
can chose to go to any number of places afterwards if the mood strikes.

I will bring my VCR/TV so we can view the LOWFer tape and the Channel 9
Annapolis demolition tapes.  Bring along any other tapes or other items of
interest.

Directions:  Take Route 7 West to Cascades Parkway.
(Cascades Parkway is beyond Sterling Park and before Route 28 when you are
heading West on Route 7)
Turn left on Cascades Parkway (South) towards Sterling.
Proceed up Cascades Parkway past Nokes Blvd. and turn right at the  the
next street, Maries Road.  Proceed down Maries Road 1 block to the Cascades
Business Center on the left.
We are in the far end of the very long building at Suite 140.

We are in the building with the race cars and race track, no kidding!
I'll hoist the AMRAD banner to help everyone locate it.

You can also take the Dulles Toll Road to Route 28 North and proceed to
Nokes Blvd.
Proceed to Cascades Parkway and turn right, go 1 block to Maries Road and
turn right.
Proceed as above

Traffic at 6 PM on the Dulles Toll Road will probably move better than the
traffic on Route 7 West.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone for a nice evening cookout and
exchanges of views on a variety of subjects.

Frank

Frank Gentges KØBRA
<fgentges@mindspring.com>
LF web site at <http://www.amrad.org/projects/lf>