SDR background

Maitland Bottoms aa4hs@amrad.org
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:32:33 -0400

In light of the upcoming September AMRAD meeting topic

     (  September 12, 7:30 PM, Dolley Madison Branch Library, McLean,
	VA:Mike Marcus, N3JMM will be our guest speaker. His subject is
	software defined radios, in particular urging manufacturers of
	amateur radio equipment to afford greater access to software
	control of more functions. )

and the upcoming ARRL/TAPR Digital Communication Conference
( http://www.tapr.org/tapr/dcc/ )

let me take this opportunity to pass along to Tacos types some links
to useful documents...

Background Reading - gnuradio mailing list:
  http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/discuss-gnuradio/2002-August/000371.html

Joseph Mitola's definitive web pages:
  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jmitola/

Matt Ettus, N2MJI will give the Sunday talk at ARRL/TAPR DCC
2002. Here's some other good stuff from him:

  High Speed Microwave Amateur Radio Digital Communications
  http://www.ettus.com/matt/hsn/hsn.html

  Spread Spectrum Wideband Transponder
  http://www.ettus.com/sswbt/index.html