88

Sergei Ludanov fisludan@dof.ca.gov
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 09:28:49 -0800

Hello,
88 is in ADL definition stands for "Hail Hitler" as H is the 8th letter
of alphabet.
I contacted ADL about it some time ago and they responded that they are
aware that hams use expression 88, but because they think that most
likely hams will not use it in hateful meaning they (ADL) did not feel
that they need to mention it. I was not satisfied with the answer but
didn't continue correspondence either, as ADL is one of those
organizations that does not listen to arguments and does not value
facts.

73 (thanks goodness it's not in ADL list yet!) to all,

Sergei KD6CJI