[Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio presentation at FCC TAC meeting last week

Dewayne Hendricks dewayne@warpspeed.com
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 16:06:37 -0800

	Last week, Eric Blossom gave a presentation on GNURadio at
the FCC's Technological Advisory Council (TAC)
<http://www.fcc.gov/oet/tac> meeting in DC.  You can find it on-line
at:

		<http://www.fcc.gov/realaudio/mt120402.ram>

	The agenda for the meeting can be found at:

	 <http://www.fcc.gov/realaudio/mt120402agenda.pdf>

	Eric's presentation was the second item on the agenda.  I
think that Eric did a great job and it is well worth it to give the
talk a listen, especially in order to hear the dialog between Eric
and the FCC staffers and members of the TAC.
	The FCC learned a great deal about the potential benefits and
impacts of SDR that they hadn't previously heard from any company or
industry group.  As SDR's get in the hands of more and more people,
it will cause the way that the radio spectrum and wireless devices
are regulated to undergo some major changes.  Eric painted a very
good picture about what this new world would look like and I'm happy
to say that some key FCC staffers got it.

-- Dewayne
Chair, Spectrum Management Working Group
FCC TAC