Fwd: [RX320] Announcing open320

Frank Gentges KØBRA fgentges at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 8 08:45:26 CDT 2003

AMRADers,

There is an activity to help us reprogram the RX320 firmware.  See
below.  I'm sure we could improve it for LF and other uses.  I have the
feeling the current processor is pretty much loaded already.  Along with
firmware, a faster processor might be in order to make space to do some
nifty things.  This may only take a chip and/or a crystal.    I spoke to
TenTec about getting the source code under an NDA and they did not see
their way clear to do this.

We went on to use the PC and narrowband signal display software like ARGO
to make up for the shortcomings of the RX320.  The combination worked out
well.

Any AMRADers interested should speak up to help and encourage this fine
effort.   We may be able to take on the hardware side of speeding up the
processor.   About all I can do for now is stand on the sidelines and cheer.

Frank K0BRA