[Fwd: November 13 meeting]

Andre Kesteloot andre.kesteloot at verizon.net
Mon Oct 27 20:01:33 CST 2003

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	November 13 meeting
Date: 	Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:50:35 -0500
From: 	<w3hxf at cox.net>
To: 	andre.kesteloot at ieee.org

I will not be comming, but please make all attendees
aware of the pleeding against our interests below.

> From: Andre Kesteloot <andre.kesteloot at verizon.net>

Historical Electronics Museum Amateur Radio Club to hold a joint meeting near BWI the evening of November 13.

If there is no proceeding number yet, how do we
get to read what individuals wrote to pleedings
like the one below?
73, Bill, W3HXF at cox.net

Please read from:
Gene Gaines
gene.gaines at gainesgroup.com
Sterling, Virginia
703-433-2081

Call to Action: FCC Action on Open Spectrum

Pulver Report reader Dustin Goodwin from NYCwireless writes:

"For those of you not familiar with this issue, NYCwireless
<http://www.nycwireless.net> and a number of other community groups signed
on in support of a FCC filing by the New  America Foundation and the
Media Access Project. These comments were in response to a FCC Notice
of
Proposed Rule Making (NPRM) that would turn over the
ITFS/MDS band in the 2.5ghz frequency to the cellular industry.
The NAF/MAP comments we support propose that this frequency
be used to extend the existing 2.4ghz unlicensed
spectrum instead of being turned over for use by the cellular industry.
Please read as much as you can stand below but we need your help.
Individuals and organizations must file separate comments (instructions
below) to get the FCC to take notice of this position. The NAF/MAP
comments cannot do this alone. The FCC must read more support for this
position.

I recently sent the email below asking everyone on the NYCwireless
mailing list to file comments including brief instructions on the
procedure. I
hope everyone on this distribution list will also take few minutes to
file
comments in support of reallocating ITFS/MDS spectrum for unlicensed
use.
Also please pass this call to action along to your respective groups or
any other interested party. We really need to show up in mass for this
or
the special interests will win. We can not let them walk away with all
this
spectrum. The ITFS spectrum was originally allocated for the public
good to benefit public educational broadcasting. This spectrum is
tremendously
under-utilized. To keep this spectrum serving the public good it must be
opened for unlicensed use. The FCC process is very open and we can make
a difference.

I have included as much information as I can. Please email me with any
additional questions. Thank you in advance.

Dustin Goodwin
NYCwireless
http://www.nycwireless.net"