Cleaning up an old plugboard

hal hfeinstein at cox.net
Mon Nov 17 19:32:11 CST 2003

A few web references:

1. Brush Plating can be used when its not possible to submerge the parts in
a plating tank.
What the heck is brush plating?

2. A product called Wahmoo cleans up oxidation on silverware but is it
appropriate for this kind
of electrical work?  Is this what happens when you apply power?

3. A chemical called  cranolin (sp?) was mentioned as sold by MCM.  I was
told that Ten-Tec
repair shop uses two cranolin products to cleanup corrosion on the wafer
switches.  The first
is called "K5" that dissolves the corrosion while "V5" coats the part to
protect it against future
oxidation. MCM doesn't list it, nor does (almost) anyone on the web sell
it.   I've seen another reference to "Ten-Tec's repair shop" and in that
post they are said
to recommend an entirely different set of products (Collins Collector's
mailing list), also hard to find.  There aren't many
references on the web to cranolin, but I did find an on-line health
supplement store selling it for
about $50.  No, it can't be the same thing.  Maybe an urban legend?

Hal.