Fw: New HSMM Radio DX Record

Paul Rinaldo prinaldo at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 7 07:18:25 CST 2003

Gang, FYI. Paul

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: John Champa <k8ocl at hotmail.com>
Sent: Dec 6, 2003 9:34 PM
To: bod at amsat.org, microwaves at amrad.org, ss at lists.tapr.org, n6cl at sbcglobal.net,
	k8je at arrl.org, kf6dx at arrl.net
Cc: k8je at arrl.net, w3ep at arrl.org, wb8ifm at amsat.org, sford at arrl.org,
	n7hpr at tapr.org, mattyellen at icomamerica.com
Subject: New HSMM Radio DX Record

FLASH!

The following report was just received from ARRL HSMM Working Group member
Prof. Ken Cuddeback, NT7K, of Weber State University.  We assume the record
was set over the Great Salt Lake.  Please join me in congratulating Ken and
his students on this fantastic accomplishment!

Vy 73,
John Champa, K8OCL
ARRL Chairman
HSMM Working Group
http://www.arrl.org/hsmm/

Just wanted to brag again, my class wasn't satisfied with the last
attempt so we just finished a confirmed 82 mile 802.11b link using
PrimeStar dishes with Cisco Aironet 350 cards in each laptop. We set up
a NetMeeting session and transferred a 2.5 MB .mp3 file successfully.
The website is in progress so the new pictures and screen shots aren't
up yet, should be by tomorrow,  but the link is:
http://classes.weber.edu/wireless/

Ignore the article, very poorly written, but it was on the front page,
top, center of the Standard Examiner this week. Fortunately there
weren't any murders or cats on the roof that day.

Thanks,

Ken, NT7K

Cell phone ‘switch’ rules are taking effect — find out more here.
http://special.msn.com/msnbc/consumeradvocate.armx