5meter radio, AMRAD: A History Question

Nan and Sandy Sanders esanders at erols.com
Sun Dec 7 23:25:26 CST 2003

I just read the two pages of AMRAD history in RADIO MANUFACTURES OF THE
1920'S by Alan Douglas Vestal Press 1988. AMRAD went into receivership in
1925 and was bought by Crosly.The AMRAD name was used until 1930.
You may also want to contact the ARRL in Newington,Ct. 5 meter (also known
as 56 Mc ) was a very popular amateur band in the 1930s. They have a set of
CDs with the 1930 to 1939 issues of QST ( the ARRL magazine ) with a large
amount of information on 5 meter operation and equipment in them. Good luck
in your search.
                                                 Elton Sanders
                                                 WB5MMB