[Fwd: [HSMM-technical:1857] Re: Verizon to offer wireless broadband]

Alex Fraser beatnic at comcast.net
Fri Jan 9 10:24:07 CST 2004

    Ricochet trashed a lot of their users by changing the on board
Eproms on their modems. At first you could use their radio modems to
dial into your own ISP or to work direct into another modem. This left a
bad taste  in many users mouths. I would assume they are concerned about
security and hacking or would you just lay it on general stupidity on
their part?