VX-2R ---> $129 !

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Feb 9 18:24:04 CST 2004

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Andre Kesteloot wrote bought a:

> The Yaesu VX-1R:
> a) receives from the AM Broadcast band up to 999 MHz
> b) transmits up to 1 watt on 144 and 440 MHz

And I just got around to it, and got the VX-2R.  Absoluly amazing Radio.
Sat there listning to BBC on HF on the rubber duck during a lunch walk.

I am now carrying an HT again (havent done that since AMRAD days))...
(Everyone else carries a cell phone, so why not!)..

The VX-2R matchobox sized radio... priceless...

de WB4APR, Bob