BPL ID?

Andre Kesteloot andre.kesteloot at verizon.net
Sun Feb 22 15:42:14 CST 2004

Lawrence Stoskopf wrote:

> Is there any way to get the FCC to require some ID at intervals on BPL
> with some easily detectable format so that source of interference can
> be identified, say in some far away place if it is interfering with a
> traditional service?  That way, critical apps could be protected.
>
> N0UU

That seems to me to be an  _excellent_  idea. After all, when we at
AMRAD started experimenting with spread-spectrum transmissions, we were
requested to identify ourselves  _in the clear_   (e.g., morse or voice,
but not spread spectrum) every so often, so that offenders could be
easily identified.
André N4ICK